Re: ERT Action Item: Use Case Scenarios for EARL

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 00:58:45 +1000
To: "Carlos Iglesias" <carlos.iglesias@fundacionctic.org>, "Giorgio Brajnik" <giorgio@dimi.uniud.it>, public-wai-ert@w3.org

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 00:15:21 +1000, Carlos Iglesias
<carlos.iglesias@fundacionctic.org> wrote:

> [...]

Yes, I agree that "imposing" something isn't effective. WAI makes legal
requirements (through its ownership of the copyright on the WCAG
conformance logos) about the use of those logos. But the real world
doesn't really care, and uses them as it sees fit.

The point of trying to explain how IMS, Dublin Core and others try to use
EARL for matching content to particular users is that this actually
represents new and attractive characteristics, for which there are people
developing tools. (Does everyone in this group know what IMS and Dublin
Core are doing, or should I try to explain it more fully)?

Charles McCathieNevile                      Fundacion Sidar
charles@sidar.org   +61 409 134 136    http://www.sidar.org