foaf identifiers Re: EARL Schema

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:02:47 +0200
To: shadi@w3.org
Cc: public-wai-ert@w3.org

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:56:59 +0200, Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org> wrote:

>>  As a new comment, we should only insist on at least one of foaf:mbox
>> or  foaf:mbox_sha1
>  Adding mbox as required and sha1 as optional (additionally) for now.
> Let's discuss.

Most foaf uses an mbox_sha1 hash instead of putting the email address in
cleartext, as a defence against spammers. Although plenty doesn't. There
are reliable algorithms for comparing these things (they are built into
many foaf tools).

I think requiring a email address is not a brilliant idea, and requiring
one that is in plain scrapeable form is a non-starter.

Charles McCathieNevile                              chaals@opera.com
   Here's one we prepared earlier:   http://www.opera.com/download