What was the test, Re: EARL Scenarios

Andrew is quite right about this. There was even some discussion on the
old er-ig list - see for example the thread starting
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-er-ig/2004Apr/thread.html#6 -
but I disagree that it is difficult to make this list.

For common tests where the rule is published, such as the ones Chris has
developed, the publisher of the test can provide a URI for it, and voila.
(I guess I should try to provide english decriptions of the automatic
tests hera does - at the moment we only have this stuff in spanish, which
is useful for ourselves but not to the working group).

If, for example, I find a test that some tool does, and can't find a URI
used to identify it, there is nothing that stops me from making one up. If
another person makes up a different one for the same thing, then we
realise we should have looked around and talked about things first, but
the technical solution is the OWL property sameAs - which it is probably
useful to have implemented in any system that reads EARL.

(At some point I will start a thread on implementing OWL properties in
EARL parsers - I think this is an important thing to do for a few
properties, although I don't think a full OWL parser will be necessary for
most applications I can imagine).

Cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile - Vice Presidente - Fundacion Sidar
charles@sidar.org                      http://www.sidar.org