Re: new tests and samples list

Hi Christophe,

Christophe Strobbe wrote:

> Hi Vangelis,
>
> At 13:28 29/05/2007, Evangelos Vlachogiannis wrote:
>> I have uploaded several test samples in the CVS.
>>
>> Doing that I found the wiki Test Sample Status List page difficult to
>> manage. This becomes worse as the list gets longer and longer.
>
> This is a disadvantage that was mentioned in discussions before the
> Wiki became available. At the time, I thought it would help to split
> up the table into separate tables per success criterion, but MoinMoin
> wiki, unlike MediaWiki, does not allow you to edit sections (as
> indicated by means of heading markup) of a page separately, so
> splitting up the table won't help much here.
> Time to check out Testopia
> (<http://www.mozilla.org/projects/testopia/>) or one of the other
> systems (<http://www.opensourcetesting.org/testmgt.php>) that Shadi
> referred to earlier...
I hope there will be an import mechanism for xml;). I will check these asap.

>> This also does not allow for any automated task like sorting. I was
>> wondering if it would be a good idea to have the information stored
>> in an xml file in CVS. From that we can generate wiki source and
>> update (if we need this ??). I have already created xlts and ant
>> scripts for doing that for my convenience.. What do you think?
>
> I'm waiting for someone to say: "Hey, why aren't you using RDF?" :-P
:)

> Can you send me the XML to have a look at it? (Don't upload it to CVS
> yet.)
Sure. You can find my eclipse project for moving from bentoweb to task
force on
http://source.aegean.gr/svn/projects/bentoweb/evlach-testsuites/. Look
in build.xml for target "list".
I use two xslts. One for listing my tests in an xml format (see
listtests.xsl) and another for converting to text for pasting on wiki.

> With regard to sorting: if anybody can point me to information on how
> to add links to JavaScript to a wiki page, we could use the
> Standardista Table Sorting JavaScript from
> <http://www.workingwith.me.uk/articles/scripting/standardista_table_sorting>.

no idea:(.

BR,
Vangelis