Re: new tests and samples list

Hi Vangelis,

At 13:28 29/05/2007, Evangelos Vlachogiannis wrote:
>I have uploaded several test samples in the CVS.
>
>Doing that I found the wiki Test Sample Status List page difficult
>to manage. This becomes worse as the list gets longer and longer.

This is a disadvantage that was mentioned in discussions before the
Wiki became available. At the time, I thought it would help to split
up the table into separate tables per success criterion, but MoinMoin
wiki, unlike MediaWiki, does not allow you to edit sections (as
indicated by means of heading markup) of a page separately, so
splitting up the table won't help much here.
Time to check out Testopia
(<http://www.mozilla.org/projects/testopia/>) or one of the other
systems (<http://www.opensourcetesting.org/testmgt.php>) that Shadi
referred to earlier...

>This also does not allow for any automated task like sorting. I was
>wondering if it would be a good idea to have the information stored
>in an xml file in CVS. From that we can generate wiki source and
>update (if we need this ??). I have already created xlts and ant
>scripts for doing that for my convenience.. What do you think?

I'm waiting for someone to say: "Hey, why aren't you using RDF?" :-P

Can you send me the XML to have a look at it? (Don't upload it to CVS yet.)

With regard to sorting: if anybody can point me to information on how
to add links to JavaScript to a wiki page, we could use the
Standardista Table Sorting JavaScript from
<http://www.workingwith.me.uk/articles/scripting/standardista_table_sorting>.

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe
K.U.Leuven - Departement of Electrical Engineering - Research Group