Questions about dc:creator and dc:rights

From: Shane Anderson <shane@cpd2.usu.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:54:29 -0600
To: public-wai-ert-tsdtf@w3.org
Hi

A few questions and observations on the dc:creator and dc:rights tags. Below
I have a copy of how I understand they should look like:

        <dc:creator xsi:type="btw:dcHtmlInline">Developed by <a href="
http://www.w3.org/"><acronym title="World Wide Web
title="Web Accessibility Initiative">WAI</acronym></a>'s <a href="
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/">Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group</a>
(ERT WG). We invite comments and discussion. Please address your feedback to
a mailing list with a <a href="
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tests/">public
archive</a></dc:creator>

        <dc:rights xsi:type="btw:dcHtmlInline"><a rel="Copyright" href="
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/ipr-notice#Copyright">Copyright</a> (c)
1994-2006 <a href="http://www.w3.org"><acronym title="World Wide Web
http://www.csail.mit.edu/"><acronym title="Massachusetts Institute of
title="European Research Consortium for Informatics and
All Rights Reserved. <acronym title="World Wide Web
Consortium">W3C</acronym> <a href="
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/ipr-notice#Legal_Disclaimer">liability</a>,
<a rel="Copyright" href="
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-documents">document use</a> and
<a rel="Copyright" href="
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-software">software
licensing</a> rules apply. Your interactions with this site are in
accordance with our <a href="
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/privacy-statement#Public">public</a> and
privacy statements.</dc:rights>

I added xsi:type="btw:dcHtmlInline" to dc:creator and dc:rights. Let me know
if this is incorrect.

In dc:rights the W3C links where relative (e.g.
Consortium/Legal/ipr-notice#Copyright). I changed them to include "
http://w3.org/".

I noticed that when I tested the url's, for example

http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/ipr-notice#Copyright

I was redirected to a different address, for example

http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/ipr-notice-20021231#Copyright

I wondered if I should update the link to the destination I was redirected
to. I did not do this because I assumed that the final destination reflected
an updated version of the document and that the more simple url will always
redirect to that most recent version. Is this assumption correct?

Thanks
Shane Anderson
WebAIM.org