Re: usability testing notes - RE: WSTF Agenda for 25 October 2004

From: Sailesh Panchang <sailesh.panchang@deque.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:45:28 -0400
To: "Shawn Lawton Henry" <shawn@w3.org>, <public-wai-eo-site@w3.org>
Shawn,
Was wondering about the page we discussed at Friday's call- the one with + signs  in the links.
(http://www.w3.org/2004/09/wai-nav/8-gr.html)
Normally in other menus I have seen, the plus sign is a link and so is the text adjacent to it.
Is selecting the plus link and the adjacent text link supposed to produce the same effect?

But on the WAI page under discussion, the plus sign is part of the link. So I wonder what is the purpose of the plus sign?To me it just appears like a link and selecting it takes me to the next level and so forth. Interestingly, WinEyes does not  announce the plus sign but just reads the link.
Sailesh Panchang
Senior Accessibility Engineer
Deque Systems,11180  Sunrise Valley Drive,
4th Floor, Reston VA 20191
Tel: 703-225-0380 Extension 105
E-mail: sailesh.panchang@deque.com
Fax: 703-225-0387