RE: WSTF: WAI Site Wireframes

From: Shawn Lawton Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:21:40 -0600
To: "'Carol at Kognitive.com'" <carol@kognitive.com>, <public-wai-eo-site@w3.org>
CS: Card Sorting and the f2f will make it worth it - but testing would
be great!  I guess I'm still unclear about next steps.  It looks to me
that we have the basics to be able to go ahead and create the wireframes
to check tasks.  Obviously we cannot check actual content or navigation
or design, but I thought it would be nice to see if tasks are able to be
done with the names we have chosen and if documents are "findable".

SLH: Hum - maybe we are not so far off, after all. I am used to using
wireframes to test navigation and basic design. However, it seems like
what you are looking for is testing/validating information architecture
through tasks in addition to closed card sort. Is that correct?

Well, that I think is more do-able at this stage (provided you want to
put in the work to get it set up in the next few days :-\. I think that
rather than using "wireframes" that introduce design complication, you
could use just a simple outline - that is, having just the main 6
categories on the first page, and the sub-categories on subsequent
pages. (Remember that these all need to be in accessible formats, e.g.,
accessible HTML.)

One issue is that I think there are some pages for the tasks that do not
exist - wonder if you came across that when thinking through the tasks
and pages to complete them?

What do you (ALL) think?

~ shawn