RE: WSTF: CSUN Closed Card Sort

From: Shawn Lawton Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 07:37:57 -0600
To: "'Carol at Kognitive.com'" <carol@kognitive.com>, <public-wai-eo-site@w3.org>, "'Charmane K. Corcoran'" <corcora1@msu.edu>
Carol & WSTF,
Looks like a good start to me! I'm in favor of cutting down the numbers,
perhaps significantly. I like your idea of running a pilot to see how
long it will take (will be important to be able to tell potential
participants, too).
WSTF: Please send you comments to the list, including suggestions on how
to cut down the scope/number of cards/time.
A few questions:
- How do you propose to overcome the problems that folks had last time
we tried card sort, for example, people not understanding what the
documents are from the title?
- Have you planned methods to conduct the card sort with participants
with various disabilities?
- Have you thought about recruiting participants at CSUN?
Charmane: are you interested in conducting card sorts at CSUN? Do you
want to talk to Carol ahead of time, or at CSUN?
Blossom, Michael, others: are you interested in conducting card sorts at
CSUN? Please coordinate with Carol.
~ Shawn