WSTF CSUN usability - draft of comments

From: Michael Lenz <mlenz@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:11:33 -0800
Cc: "'WAI Website Redesign Taskforce'" <public-wai-eo-site@w3.org>
To: "Shawn Lawton Henry" <shawn@w3.org>

> - How might we take advantage of opportunities in March (usability
> testing, interviews, etc.)?
> 	* week of 1 March: Technical Plenary
> 	* week of 15 March: CSUN

Just some thoughts.

It would be a very good use of time to run users through some of the
more challenging areas of the site that we have brought up in past
calls. We know there are a couple of items that will benefit from the
validation of placement. At minimum it would be great to do a run
through of our baseline usability test on the proposed information
architecture.

If we can...
- A closed card sort would benefit us as it would validate the sorting
we have done to date with users.
- If we can do rapid prototyping that would be great for validating the
site structure from a task perspective.

If we do prototypes, they should be devoid of visual design to allow
the users to focus on information, versus presentation.

-ml