Re: updated expand/collapse functionality for review

From: Liam McGee <liam.mcgee@communis.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 19:22:11 +0000
To: Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>
CC: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>, BAD TF <public-wai-eo-badtf@w3.org>, Artur Ortega <ortega@yahoo-inc.com>, Sylvie Duchateau <sylvie.duchateau@snv.jussieu.fr>, Jennifer Sutton <jsuttondc@gmail.com>, Wilco Fiers <wfiers@bartimeus.nl>, Ian Pouncey <w3c@ipouncey.co.uk>, Michael Stenitzer <stenitzer@wienfluss.net>
Hi Shadi

I am using Chrome, and I find that the keyboard focus is not moving with
the viewport. So if I nav to 'On this page > Mr. Lee, online shopper
with color blindness', and hit enter, viewport moves down to an expanded
Mr. Lee, but if I then hit tab agin I pop back up to 'On this page > Mr.
Jones, Reporter with repetitive stress injury'... in fact, of course,
the keyboard focus never moved from ''On this page > Mr Lee...' in the
first place. As far as I know the only way around this is to use a
script to force the focus to the new element.

Would imagine this will be the same in all webkit browsers.

This issue is not present in Moz and IE browsers.

In Firefox 3.6.15, I am not seeing the expand/collapse functionality.
Not sure why.
In Rockemtl, which I think is built on FF4, all is good

In IE9 the 'overview, stories of web users...' tabs at top are broken
(running full width of the section and displaying list-style-type disc),
and the plus and minus icons on the buttons are not showing

Suggest buttons use the SILK set for the icons (famfamfam.com) as they
are pretty standard and free to use and well put together. I can do you
some nice CSS3 for styling if you like!

Regds