Re: updated expand/collapse functionality for review

From: Sylvie Duchateau <sylvie.duchateau@snv.jussieu.fr>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:22:19 +0100
To: Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>
Cc: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>, BAD TF <public-wai-eo-badtf@w3.org>, Artur Ortega <ortega@yahoo-inc.com>, Jennifer Sutton <jsuttondc@gmail.com>, Wilco Fiers <wfiers@bartimeus.nl>, Liam McGee <liam.mcgee@communis.co.uk>, Ian Pouncey <w3c@ipouncey.co.uk>, Michael Stenitzer <stenitzer@wienfluss.net>
Hello Shadi and all,

Le 09/03/2011 12:14, Shadi Abou-Zahra a écrit :
> - <http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/PWD-Use-Web/2009/excol.html>
>
> In preparation for this week's EOWG discussion we would like to get
> your feedback on the following:
>
> #1. Overall functionality
>  - are the "Show contents of this section" links within the text good
> or should we only use headings for expand/collapse functionality?
I think it would be useful to have a button saying "show more on mr Lee"
"hide  contents for mr Lee", that would change for each section. Hide
and show content for this section is not clear enough if you use with a
screen reader the function to jump to a specific button.
- placement of "expand all" / "collapse all" buttons before or after the
table of contents?
I think it is fine this way.
>  - other thoughts or suggestions
Like Emmanuelle, I think content of this section is not very clear,
especially when you talk about subsections.
It would be useful to have more information about which related sections
are:

> #2. Screen-reader usability
>  - the screen-reader buffer should now update well across different
> configurations -- please confirm
As mentionned in an e-mail to you, I still have problems with IE and
button identification under Jaws and NVDA. Sometimes you have to refresh
in using up and down arrows to see the changes on buttons.
>  - of we keep "Show contents of this section" function, should these
> remain as links or be changed to buttons?
I don't understand,i t seems to me that they are already buttons!
>  - other thoughts or suggestions?
>

> Best
Sylvie