Re: BAD preview for accessibility testing

Hi BAD folk,

*Quick menu*

Should the drop-down include News, Tickets and Survey? (just for
consideration)

On the inaccessible pages, the quick menu take the users to Wikipedia
while on the accessible pages it returns them to the current page. This
seems to be an inconsistency.

*News page*

The two links in the news articles take the user to external sites (CA
govt & Google) from both the accessible and the inaccessible pages. Is
this desirable for the demo? Does it imply an W3C endorsement of these
sites? I note that the Accessible 'quick menu' doesn't link externally.
Also note that the first Google result for the 'Tromobone forgery' link
is currently a YouTube video with no captions or audio description.

*Citylights Survey* - some suggestion for the accessible form
(newsletter section):

a) Currently you ask a specific question, but don't provide an answer
option - "Do you want to receive a free newsletter?" should have the
answer "Yes/No" via radio buttons. An alternative is to rephrase it as
"If you would like to receive a free newsletter, please provide your
details" or "Provide your details to receive our free newsletter"

b) the first set of radio buttons should be grouped as "Title"

c) then "Name" can be placed adjacent to the 'name' text input field
which is much more helpful for screen magnifier users who might
otherwise not see the association (best if this is on a new line too for
this user group)

d) "eMail Address" & "Retype eMail" labels should be placed above (or to
the left of) the text entry fields. Again for screen magnifier users,
but also for ease of comprehension of all sighted people. I would also
recommend putting these on two consecutive lines.

*Template* position in tab menu

There was discussion in WAI-AGE or EO about possibly providing a gap
between the first four tabs (demo site pages) and the template tab to
clearly indicate (at least visually to those using the provided CSS)
that these are different types of pages.

Regards, Andrew