Re: Comments Batch #3 (Andrew Arch)

From: Eric Eggert <w3c@yatil.de>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 23:40:04 +0200
To: public-wai-eo-badtf@w3.org
> #11) [open] all demo pages - "quick menu": should the menu lead to pages on the same site (News, Tickets, Survey, etc)?
> Suggested action: reject - internal pages are too few for a quick menu (maybe clarify the "quick menu"?)

Quick menu seems to be misleading… we should clarify what it is or leave it out.

> #12) [open] accessible site - "quick menu": links to do not go to Wikipedia but back to the same page (check for bug)
> Suggested action: confirm problem and check for fixes

> #13) [open] all demo pages: does linking to external (sometimes inaccessible) resources imply endorsement from WAI?
> Suggested action: reject - should be fine, may use "no follow" or such if necessary

Alternatively link everything to example.com/net/org but that is not
very elegant.

> #14) [open] accessible survey - optional newsletter: directions are unclear, consider saying "if you want to receive a newsletter ..." so that users don't expect yes/no input
> Suggested action: check with others

Probably change the text to: “To receive the free Newsletter
(optional)”… but I think it is fine.

> #15) [open] accessible survey - optional newsletter: the first set of radio buttons should be grouped as "Title"
> Suggested action: check with others

Don’t know, they look grouped as “title”.

> #16) [open] accessible survey - optional newsletter: label "name" should be placed adjecent to the input field
> Suggested action: check with others

It would be logical, but as we want to demo something with that
order/nesting of elements, we have to reject this.

> #17) [open] accessible survey - optional newsletter: "eMail Address" and "Retype eMail" labels should be placed above the input fields
> Suggested action: check with others

See #16.

> #18) [open] all demo pages - tabs: consider adding more spaces to separate the "Template" tab visually
> Suggested action: check with others

No. It is a page of our demo like the others are. It will have
annotations as the others do. It is not special in that case.

Regards, Eric

Eric Eggert

Waldfischbacher Straße 20, 66978 Leimen/Pfalz, Deutschland
Laudongasse 36/714, 1080 Wien, Österreich

http://yatil.de/ | http://snookerblog.de/