Re: Comments Batch #3 (Andrew Arch)

As in preceeding message, only additional comments.

Tom

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 23:40:04 +0200
  Eric Eggert <w3c@yatil.de> wrote:

>> #11) [open] all demo pages - "quick menu": should the
>>menu lead to pages on the same site (News, Tickets,
>>Survey, etc)?
>> Suggested action: reject - internal pages are too few
>>for a quick menu (maybe clarify the "quick menu"?)
>
> Quick menu seems to be misleading… we should clarify
>what it is or leave it out.

It's a good example of a dropdown box, but yes, I think
it's confusing, especially since none of the links go
anyplace. I've handled this similarly to the "survey
response" I mentioned earlier -- call a short PHP page
with two paramaters: the calling page and the name of
the simulated link. Response would be, "If this were a
real site, this would be the 'Education' page" -- a
button would allow return to where you were.

>> #12) [open] accessible site - "quick menu": links to do
>>not go to Wikipedia but back to the same page (check for
>>bug)
>> Suggested action: confirm problem and check for fixes
>
> Confirm.

See #11 above.