regrets / rethinking metanavigation

From: Michael Stenitzer <stenitzer@wienfluss.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:56:53 +0200
To: public-wai-eo-badtf@w3.org
hi group,

unfortunately i have urgent family affairs and i cannot attend today.

we have discussed the tab-metanavigation and did not find any convincing
solution.

if we reduce it to 2 tabs (inaccessible / accessible) we need a third
toogle-element for the annotations (on / off).

a checkbox form or form-alike link does not look convincing (it must not
be a html-form for semantic reasons we think).

a toggle link with changing text (show annotations / hide annotations,
eg right of the tabs) might be semantically correct, but needs some
visual metaphor to be understood well.

maybe this can initiiate some new ideas by the others.
for me the tab-metaphor - although not perfect - seems still the best
option.

cheers, michael

--
Michael Stenitzer | WIENFLUSS information.design.solutions
www.wienfluss.net | proschkogasse 1/5 | wien06at