Comments about" WAI Guidelines and Older Web Users" ...

From: Isabelle Motte <isabelle.motte@fundp.ac.be>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:04:19 +0100
To: public-wai-age@w3.org
I have been reading carefully the document below, regarding the WAG2 and my review of litterature for the elderly.
That is a good job ...
A lot of prescriptions are already present and that is encouraging.
Some remarks however ...
Prescriptions to help people suffering from view decline and motor skill diminishment are quite well presented.
I also did not find anything about onrollover menus and popup-windows in WAG2 and these are important points to be treated.
For those suffering from cognitive decline, some more informations should be added.
About links :
these two recommandations are given and I also did not find anything in WAG2 :
use underlied text only for links (already in list but not in WAG2);
ensure links change colour after visit;
other recommandations that are not given in document nor in WAG2 :
use low level hierachy menu;
use always the same label to point toward the same page;
use simple, disctinct, complementary and user-oriented navigation labels;

About search engine :
use conventionnal search syntax;

Isabelle

Isabelle Motte
Researcher web accessibility
Informatics - Man Machine Iterface Unit
Facult├ęs Universitaires Notre-Dame de la Paix
Rue de Bruxelles,61
5000 Namur
Belgium
+32.81.725279