Re: Organizational policies related to github

From: Carlos A Velasco <carlos.velasco@fit.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 16:32:54 +0100
To: Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org>
Cc: "w3c-ac-forum@w3.org" <w3c-ac-forum@w3.org>, "public-w3process@w3.org" <public-w3process@w3.org>
Dear Jeff,

 From our perspective, there are no objections to that shift. Our only
concern would be what would happen to the member-confidential work.

As a side note, there are self-hosted alternatives to github, but they
are not by far as user-friendly as github.

On 03/01/17 06:53, Jeff Jaffe wrote:
> There has been a discussion to move the W3C Process evolution work to
> github.  In that discussion, a concern has been raised whether some
> organization policies forbid access to github.
>
> Needless to say, with everything else moving to github, we need to know
> anyways!
>
> Please let me know (on this email thread or privately if you prefer)
> whether you have any organizational policy that restricts your usage of
> github from your organization's network.  If there are such
> restrictions, please also let me know if there are workarounds permitted
> by your organization.  For example, some organizations may permit access
> from your private email accounts.

Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Saludos,
carlos

Dr Carlos A Velasco
   Web Compliance Center
   Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT
   Schloss Birlinghoven, D53757 Sankt Augustin (Germany)
   https://imergo.com/ · http://www.fit.fraunhofer.de/
   Tel: +49-2241-142609 · Fax: +49-2241-1442609