Re: Organizational policies related to github

From: Terence Eden <terence.eden@digital.cabinet-office.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 08:35:22 +0000
To: Chaals from Yandex <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Cc: Norman Walsh <norman.walsh@marklogic.com>, Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org>, "w3c-ac-forum@w3.org" <w3c-ac-forum@w3.org>, "public-w3process@w3.org" <public-w3process@w3.org>
Github supports TOTP or SMS or Printed recovery codes
https://help.github.com/articles/about-two-factor-authentication/
So you can have an authenticator app on your phone, tablet, watch...

You're not tied in to receiving SMS for your login codes.

On 5 January 2017 at 06:36, <chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

> 03.01.2017, 19:14, "Norman Walsh" <Norman.Walsh@marklogic.com>:
> > Terence Eden <terence.eden@digital.cabinet-office.gov.uk> writes:
> >>  Our department requires that internal users have 2FA enabled.
> >
> > That seems like a plausible requirement for write access to me.
>
> It does. Except that without a solution for easily swapping the number for
> second factor message nor free SMS everywhere, it's likely to be a reason
> for not making merges when I'm not at home. Which is fairly often.
>
> cheers
>
> --
> Charles McCathie Nevile - standards - Yandex
> chaals@yandex-team.ru - - - Find more at http://yandex.com

*Terence Eden*
Open Standards Lead
+44 7717 512 963 <+447717512963>