Re: Requested addition to section 7.1

On 18/12/2016 03:39, Jeff Jaffe wrote:

> Having the statement in the Charter does not prevent CSSWG people to
> inform each other and debate about different choices for incubation.  Go
> ahead and do so!  By making this statement a "may", as a practical
> matter CSS can do whatever they want on this point. Which is probably
> the reason that the Team naively did not expect that this would have
> changed the review for you and Daniel (who actually has said that he
> personally has no problem with the change - only the process by which it
> was made).

The CSS WG does not have "different choices for incubation" because the
very initial choice of incubation OR NOT was IMPOSED TO THE
GROUP BY W3M without a second of discussion. The rationale behind was
not explained, detailed, or even given to us. The name of the people the
discussion was held with was not disclosed. Seen from the Group, W3M
obeyed to some browser vendors, a hyper-limited number of Members,
without consensus.

Given your reaction, given how "voluntary" this change is quoted, I am
requesting officially, as a Member, immediate disclosure of the full
and detailed rationale why it was urgently needed to so drastically
modify the Process of "one of the most successful WG of the W3C"
without the Membership in the loop and without respecting entirely
the Process, in conformance with Process Section 7.1.2 item 2.
W3M had a plan and we know nothing about that plan. What's its extent?
What's the expectation? Who did you discuss it with? How did you
evaluate the dangers (because there are important dangers) and who did
that evaluation? Was the AB in the loop? Who exactly approved the
Charter in the name of the Director? Did you receive threats to leave
the CSS WG from a vendor? And so on.

I understand if the answers are posted to a Member-only forum but this
is an official request and, for once, I dare asking in the name of all
members of the CSS WG and, beyond, all ACs.

</Daniel>