Re: ACTION REQUIRED: Call for Consensus: Proposed Resolution of Issue-154

>>> I disagree with the proposal, although I could live with it.
>>>
>>> I would agree with a proposal which simply removed the phrase "this is the default channel for reviews"
>>>
>>> cheers

I agree.  The question of whether the Call for Review form is well engineered and it’s clear to the submitted what the visibility of their responses will be, is a question of good engineering, and out of place for the process.

The process merely needs to say what the options are.

I am not sure, frankly, whether the default SHOULD vary between calls.  If we think that visibility ought to vary, then perhaps No default is a good design, making sure that AC Reps consciously choose (we can even put (suggested) after the response we think most appropriate for the review).

Please, the process needs to be short and clear and focus on what it needs to specify. The design of forms is not one of those things.

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.