Re: Advisory Board Will Review of the Current Editor's Draft of Process2015 on February 12, 2015

On 01/27/2015 01:39 PM, Stephen Zilles wrote:
> All,
>
> Work on Process 2015 is reaching an inflection point. Most of the work projected for 2015 has been completed and has been
> incorporated in the draft. To continue to move forward, the Advisory Board has schedule a significant review of the proposed
> document on February 12^th at its upcoming Advisory Board face-to-face meeting. If you have concerns about the current
> document, it would be good to raise those on this list prior to that meeting.

My concern about the current document is that it is impossible to make
editorial changes to a REC in place.

The 2005 Process requirements for editorial changes:
   # The first two classes of change [No changes to text content AND
   # Corrections that do not affect conformance] require no technical
   # review of the proposed changes, although a Working Group MAY
   # issue a Call for Review. The modified Recommendation is published
   # according to the Team's requirements, including Publication Rules [PUB31].

The 2015 Process requirements for editorial changes:
   # Editorial changes to a Recommendation require no technical review
   # of the proposed changes. A Working Group may request publication
   # of a Proposed Recommendation or W3C may publish a Proposed
   # Recommendation to make this class of change without passing through
   # earlier maturity levels. Such publications may be called a Proposed
   # Edited Recommendation.

I consider this a regression in the W3C Process and would like the 2005
process for class #1 and class #2 updates to REC documents reinstated.

Thanks for your consideration.

~fantasai