Re: Suggested response to the Yandex "cannot iive with loosening of TAG participation requiremens"

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 20:11:46 +0200
Cc: "public-w3process@w3.org" <public-w3process@w3.org>
To: Daniel Appelquist <appelquist@gmail.com>

> On Apr 14, 2015, at 19:32 , Daniel Appelquist <appelquist@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Frankly, I think we starting to split hairs here. I sincerely hope we can choose a consensus view (2 or 2.1) and move on with our lives.

Yes.  I agree.

Sadly, I think that Chaals has a formal objection—  that 2 goes too far unless other changes are made (which he detailed in a separate email).  Glazou seems to feel that it doesn’t go far enough, and he comes across more strongly than you on this (though whether it rises to formal objection I don’t know).

(Hence my comment about being shot at from both sides).

I would also be happy to adopt 2 and move on...