2014 Process Regresses Editorial Revision of RECs

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 12:58:40 -0400
To: W3C Process Community Group <public-w3process@w3.org>
We have 4 classes of changes:
   1. Formatting
   2. Editorial (no potential effects on conformance)
   3. Substantive (may affect conformance) but not new features
   4. New features

In the 2005 Process, class 1 & 2 changes could be made to a REC by
merely republishing it (as REC). In the 2014 Process, class 2
editorial changes require cycling through PR.

Compare:
   Old - http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#rec-modify
   New - http://www.w3.org/2014/Process-20140801/#revised-rec

Here is the changeset that made this change:
   https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/AB/rev/fd1d11321989
Here is the issue cited in the changeset log:
   http://www.w3.org/community/w3process/track/issues/95
According to the issue, the changes were supposedly editorial, and
there was no discussion of the justification for or impact of adding
this extra PR cycle.

Since I don't see any reason to make this more complicated than it
was in the 2014 Process, I would like to see this change reverted.

~fantasai