Re: w3process-ISSUE-124 (WHATWG-blacklist): Normative Reference policy should explicitly black list WHATWG specs [Normative Reference Policy]

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 08:57:08 -0400
To: public-w3process@w3.org
On 10/02/2014 05:29 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> Again, it is unfortunate
> the meeting wasn't held in a transparent way and that "minutes" from the
> meeting aren't sufficient to back either position.

I disagree.  You made a specific claim about a specific individual
taking a specific position.  It boggles my mind that you now claim that
very minutes you asked to be published don't record anything resembling
that claim as evidence that the minutes "aren't sufficient to back
either position".

I was in the meeting.  I've seen the minutes.  Issue 124 should be
summarily closed as invalid.

Meanwhile, I'm personally choosing to invest some time on getting the
URL specification to be improved, hopefully to the point where it could
eventually be seriously considered:

http://intertwingly.net/blog/2014/09/16/The-URL-Mess#c1412337508

- Sam Ruby