Re: 2014 Process: WD -> CR difficulties

On 02/10/2014 17:51, "Michael Champion (MS OPEN TECH)"
<Michael.Champion@microsoft.com> wrote:

>We can make the list public, but we can't make the necessary people
>subscribe to the list.
>
>The AB and/or the Process CG discussed this in some depth while
>deliberating the 2014 process.  My recollection of the consensus was that
>-- consistent with the spirit of the new process philosophy -- the
>Process Document doesn't describe a machine that you crank to put out
>Recommendations, it describes *what*criteria a spec must pass to become a
>Recommendation.  *How* that happens can be optimized by specific WGs and
>Chairs to work in the actual environment they live in.

That's not a process then, it's a set of what some call "stage gates" with
verification steps. The document should be renamed to avoid creating
misleading expectations and make obvious the change in philosophy.

Google "define: process"

 process
 noun

 1. a series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular
end.