Re: 2014 Process: WD -> CR difficulties

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 07:30:59 -0400
To: Wayne Carr <wayne.carr@linux.intel.com>
CC: public-w3process <public-w3process@w3.org>, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
On 10/1/14 3:21 PM, Wayne Carr wrote:
> There could be a Call for Review public mail list.

Agree [and it might even be useful if the `right` people subscribe ;-)].

In case you did not know, the [chairs] list is already used to: 1) make
FPWD transition requests [rarely do these fail]; 2) announce LC
publications + explicit  RfC from specific group(s); 3) make CR
transition requests. It would be helpful (vis--vis toward getting early
and wide review) if all three of these (plus ProcDoc-2014 now
effectively mandates a "RfC for pre-CRs") were announced on a Public list.

Unfortunately, the chairs list is Member-confidential and I suspect
subscriber membership is controlled by consortium staff (i.e. I don't
think it is an  auto-subscribe-able list by Joe Public). I would be
delighted if everything on that list was automagically forwarded to a
Public list. However, I suspect typical Public vs. Member
confidentiality stop energy would prevent that :-(.

(WRT `the tools will save us`, if WG charter deliverables included some
type of "interestedGroup" property, then it seems like at least some
notifications could be automated.)

-AB

[chairs] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/