Re: Draft [transition-request] PR for the W3C Process Document (revised)

On Thu, 01 May 2014 12:38:20 +0200, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 5/1/14 12:12 AM, Stephen Zilles wrote:
>>
>> The Advisory Board and its Process Document Task Force would like to
>> request the transition to PR of
>>

> Why is this doc skipping a Candidate phase?

For the same reason "PR" isn't a state for the Process - it isn't on the
Recommendation Track. It isn't a W3C Technical Report (you can tell,
because it is never published on /TR…)

According to the Process, we have an operative Process at any given time,
and we change it by agreement (naturally, as determined by the W3C
director).

I assume the 'request for PR' is actually a request for AC review.

Similarly, since this is not going to be a W3C Recommendation the Patent
Policy, and therefore the bit at the end of the request about patents, is
irrelevant and could be removed.