Re: Disclosing election results -- a voice of caution

From: Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 10:25:13 -0400
To: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
CC: public-w3process@w3.org, David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>, Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>, "Bassetti, Ann" <ann.bassetti@boeing.com>, Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>, "Michael Champion (MS OPEN TECH)" <Michael.Champion@microsoft.com>

On 6/3/2014 10:22 AM, Brian Kardell wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2014 10:13 AM, "Jeff Jaffe" <jeff@w3.org
> <mailto:jeff@w3.org>> wrote:
> >

> >> -  What percentage of members voted?
> >

> > 98 Members voted which is more than 25% of the Membership.
> Personally, I am quite pleased that there was this level of interest.
> While not the 90+% that I would have preferred, the 25% is still
> larger than some democratic political elections in some locations.
> They voted for 355 candidates, an average of 3.6 votes per Member.
> >

> >> -  What percentage of people voted for the maximum number of
> candidates?
> >

> > 51 of the 98 voted for 5 candidates.
> >

> >>   How about only 1 candidate?
> >

> > 22 of the 98 voted for 1 candidate.
> >
> This is a great start Jeff, informative.  Is it plausible to gather
> similar historical information for, say, the last 5 years so we can
> see trends?

That sounds like a great deal of work and will not yield a lot of
information.

Last year's election would provide interesting data.

Most recent previous elections were not contested at all or not greatly
contested.