Re: Proposal to create Public list for the AB [Was: Re: w3process-ISSUE-104 (AB-transparency): AB should conduct all non-sensitive e-mail on a Public or Member list [Advisory Board]]

On Mon, 04 Aug 2014 12:25:37 +0200, GALINDO Virginie
<Virginie.Galindo@gemalto.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
> That conversation is a great example of confusion : we are discussing AB
> organization on a public mailing list dedicated to Process Community
> Group

The internal communication mechanisms and confidentiality of the W3C is a
matter of Process, and therefore in principle a reasonable topic for this
group to discuss.

> and only W3C members are actively participating, copying AB-only mailing
> list.

One reason not to cross-post to list is that people confuse the
confidentiality levels, leading to inappropriate posting of material to
those for whom it was never intended.

> I suggest we quickly go for making decision in the AB for mailing list
> creation and scope...
> - ab only list --> done
> - ab public list --> to be created
> - ab-member list --> to be created
>
> Jeff,
> Do you think you have enough elements to trigger a call for consensus on
> the AB-only mailing list about that topic?
> (Or should it be Chaals as chair of the process community group who
> should be conducting that decision ? sorry, trolling here ;)  )

If the CG (or for that matter the AC) want to request that the AB do
something, they are welcome to do so. However the way things are
structured, whether the AB follows any given request is entirely up to
them.

cheers

chaals