Re: Overall structure of the W3C

From: Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 17:42:05 +0900
Cc: Wayne Carr <wayne.carr@linux.intel.com>, "public-w3process@w3.org" <public-w3process@w3.org>
To: "Michael Champion (MS OPEN TECH)" <Michael.Champion@microsoft.com>
Just as a historical point of view

Le 2 août 2014 à 06:38, Michael Champion (MS OPEN TECH) <Michael.Champion@microsoft.com> a écrit :
> The harder and more actionable question is whether the W3C team's high overhead  is sustainable.

The W3C staff, to add to Jeff's point about multi-hosts system, is mainly employed by hosts within the legal structure of these hosts. Each of these hosts having their own set of benefits and constraints for the employees. Basically not everything is provided through W3C Members money.

I just wanted to mention that the question of W3C staff size, travel, cost, etc. was already a topic of discussions for a long time. As a staff person from 2000 to 2008, it was discussed on a regular basis at AC meetings. So it's not *new*.

>   I agree it's a hard topic for a public list

yup.

--
Karl Dubost 🐄
http://www.la-grange.net/karl/