Re: Are Director's Calls mandatory for LCCR?

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 16:07:49 -0400
To: Stephen Zilles <szilles@adobe.com>
CC: "public-w3process@w3.org" <public-w3process@w3.org>
On 10/31/13 3:13 PM, ext Stephen Zilles wrote:
> The Process Document, both the current one and the proposed change,
> require the Director's Approval. The means by which this approval is
> obtained has always been up to the Director. There is no change being
> proposed.

The current practice is that no Director's call is required when a LCWD
is published, however, a Director's call is required before a CR is
published. If these two `maturity levels` are combined, will a
Director's call be required or not to publish a LCCR?

You seem to be saying "well, it depends" and that seems like a Really
Bad Answer so surely I must be missing something.

-Thanks, AB