Changes to classes of changes?

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 20:47:53 -0500
Cc: "Ivan Herman" <ivan@w3.org>, public-w3process@w3.org
To: "Charles McCathie Nevile" <chaals@yandex-team.ru>

On Oct 17, 2013, at 8:28 PM, "Charles McCathie Nevile" <chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

>>> Thanks. I am proposing to bring the Process more in line with this. But I am still not entirely happy with the section - it is unclear *who* can request or approve a change…
>>
>> That document says:
>>
>> "Editors (or others) send a request to the Webmaster, cc'ing the domain lead, webreq, and w3t-comm. The request must include:"
>>
>> I believe it is intentionally left open. I would not want to constrain it unwittingly.
>
> Nor would I. But in the latest draft (just pushed to public), I "wittingly" set expectations of who might do this.
>
> Review and feedback appreciated.

Hi Charles,

It seems the definitions of classes of changes have changed. My recollection of discussion in June was that we planned to import as-is the change classes. You have changed

 "Corrections that do not affect conformance"

to:

 "Corrections to references"

I may have missed the discussion that led up to that change. But as I said my recollection was that we wanted to import change classes as is.

Sorry if I've missed discussion about this.

Ian

Tel:                                          +1 718 260 9447