Re: Spec organizations and prioritization

On 2012-03-22 15:23, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> On Thursday, 22 March 2012 at 14:09, Julian Reschke wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for stating the obvious. It's pretty clear that adding too many
>> authors doesn't help. But it doesn't necessarily follow that the optimal
>> number is 1, right?
>
> Sorry, I wasn't try to state the obvious (just thinking out loud). This is another interesting thing to look at. The default assumption is usually that there is only 1 editor. Would be interesting to see if having a spec with multiple editor, if it moves "faster".

Having more editors IMHO helps if work can be separated well. For
instance, when working on isolated bugs, or when dealing with strictly
editorial things (like fixing references).

Having a single, overworked editor usually is a good recipe to get
low-prio bugs never fixed, because there's always something else with a
higher prio. Leaving them unfixed however wastes other people's time,
because they find and keep reporting them over and over again.

Best regards, Julian