Re: snapshots vs living standards

Le 5 mars 2012 à 05:49, Charles McCathieNevile a écrit :
> It is reasonable to argue that HTML4 was not a well-written spec, and I
> think generally accepted that it did not match reality very well.

I do not think that is true either. Again "what is the crowd?".
HTML4 was perceived by *Web developers* as a huge improvement over HTML 3.2 in terms of clarity and explanation. We had for once a specification which had examples and _clear_ descriptions. It might certainly have been a pain for implementers.

HTML4 with the glasses of now is indeed a more ambiguous spec. (Not that I have seen many Web authors complaining about HTML5 which led to the specific versions of HTML5 for them.)

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/
Developer Relations, Opera Software