Document licenses...

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 15:47:02 +0200
To: "public-w3process@w3.org" <public-w3process@w3.org>
Hi,

a while ago there was a discussion driven by the HTMLWG about W3C's
copyright license. The request boiled down to "we want the right to fork
W3C specs", and W3C decided that wouldn't happen.

But along the way there was a lot of discussion about things like
including the spec in documentation, or tutorials, which is formally not
allowed by the current license. Opera's formal position is that we would
like to loosen the existing license to allow such uses, even if forking
remains explicitly prohibited. Are there others who think this would be an
improvement that is worth the effort of achieving it?

cheers

Chaals

     je parle français -- hablo español -- jeg kan noen norsk