Re: End-of-lifing dead documents in /TR/

On Nov 16, 2011, at 17:55 , Karl Dubost wrote:

> Le 16 nov. 2011 à 11:32, Robin Berjon a écrit :
>> I don't think we need to amend the Process for this (or at least not much) — just the CSS + boilerplate should be enough. It may be useful to go through ancient drafts and perform some cleanup as well.
>>
>> WDYT?
>
> JS on Date+Status => Modify the CSS?

Applying my Karl decoder ring I get "We could use JavaScript to detect that the publication date is n days in the past for a status that isn't Rec or something similar, and based on that change the style." Correct?

I don't dislike the idea and it's certainly easy enough to implement, but how does a draft know that it's the latest in a line? If it's not the latest in a line (say it's WD2 from five years ago that has actively been replaced by WDs 3-5, LCs 1-7, and we're now in CR) it should probably not change its style but perhaps prominently indicate that it's not the latest version.

I'm all for that but I don't think we have that metadata available at this point.