Patent Protections at CR

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 10:53:40 -0800
To: public-w3process@w3.org
There was one very clear issue I took from the brainstorming session at TPAC,
and that was Anne's point that having patent protections kick in at REC is
too late. I suggest we propose having them kick in at CR:
   - CR is Call for Implementations; if we're calling for implementations, we
     should be protecting those implementations
   - CR should be stable enough for lawyers to review

This might need some mangling of the CR process to give the lawyers adequate
time for review, but we should figure out what those requirements are and
build those into the CR process instead of delaying protections until the
test suite and implementation reports are done.

~fantasai