Weekly digest of W3C news and trends

From: Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 17:06:08 +0100
To: public-w3c-digest@w3.org

This is the 11-18 January 2013 edition of a “weekly digest of W3C news and
trends" that the W3C Communications Team prepares for the W3C Membership
and public-w3c-digest mailing list (publicly archived [1]) [sent
separately]. This digest aggregates information about W3C from online
media, a snapshot of how W3C and its work is perceived in online media.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-w3c-digest/

It was a rather quiet week.

Notably this week —less stories, more followers— :

- 600 stories about W3C on Twitter in 7 days.
- over 1800 mentions of W3C in 7 days, with three peaks on 11 Jan (477
mentions), 15 Jan (277 mentions) and 17 Jan (293 mentions). The top
stories were respectively:
   * <main> landing in HTML,
   * Dom’s (French) article on W3C published at t13h37,
   * W3Conf reminder.
- With 52990 Twitter followers, net increase of 572 followers in the past
- 19 posts that dlvr.it posted to StatusNet, Twitter and Facebook between
Jan 09 - Jan 16 got 31.9K clicks, delivered to 61.1K connections.

Below is the compilation of what I harvested monitoring the
(micro)blogosphere and press.

W3C-related Twitter buzz
[Things that were tweeted frequently, things that caught my attention, etc.
  Most *recent* first (popularity is flagged with the figure between
parenthesis —that is the number of times the same URIs or tweet was

* (50) WebDriver Working Draft published

* (35) W3Conference

* (48) Le Train de 13h37: “Le W3C vu de l’intérieur” by Dominique

W3C in the Press (or some blogs)

   * WebRTC (and Microsoft’s proposal), 5 articles, in English, French,

Below is a selection of articles.

[Most recent first.
  title, source (date), link.
  Find keywords on our Press clippings page:
http://www.w3.org/Press/Articles ]

    Microsoft hopes demo will woo Web-based chat allies
    CNET (17 January)

    Siri, will Chrome's new speech features kill you?
    The Register (15 January)

    Le W3C vu de l’intérieur (W3C seen from the inside)
    le train de 13h37 (15 January)

    WTF is... WebRTC? Voice and video communications game changer
    The Register (15 January)

    10 Predictions For The Mobile Industry In 2013
    Forbes (2 January)

  Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Communications Team  -  http://www.w3.org
mailto:coralie@w3.org +33643220001 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/