Modeling question: folders (directories) and files

From: Jeff Evans <jeffrey.wayne.evans@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 13:53:54 -0800
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Apologies if this is the incorrect forum for this type of question.  I
looked through the various pages on schema.org and didn't find
anything that seemed more suitable.  But feel free to redirect me to a
more appropriate place if one exists.

I'm trying to model the concept of folders (or directories) and files
for an application.  Folders can contain files, or other folders
(arbitrary nested recursive structure, like on your basic filesystem).
I would ideally like to start with a schema.org context, and extend it
to represent these entities.  I am also interested in using JSON-LD as
the format.

After some research and looking into examples, it seems like using a
base of http://schema.org/CreativeWork, along with additionalType in
conjunction with productontology.org is a relatively straightforward
way to express this.  I just wanted to get some input on whether I'm
going about this in the right way, or if perhaps there is a
cleaner/more sensible way to model these concepts.  Any insight is
appreciated.

Sample folder:  http://tinyurl.com/onyp3jn
Sample file:  http://tinyurl.com/nanr9ga