Re: Person job proposal (was Re: Schema.org proposal: Financial information)

On 19 Sep 2014, at 11:35, Jarno van Driel <jarnovandriel@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Could be; I did not because offers comes from the "old" schema.org ecommerce model (in GR the link is from the Offer to the Product, not vice versa).
> But if this property is meant to live, it could be added to Service, too."
>
> So far I've been using MTEs to express a Service offers an Offer, which works but I've always considered it a bit cumbersome.

I think that is currently the best practice, given the incomplete alignment with schema:Offer.

> Next to that I've also encountered quite some sites (sorry, no URL out the top of my head) where I saw services being marked up as a Product so 'offers' could be used.

schema:Product is fine for those cases.

> Which I think finds it origin in the fact that few are aware multi-type entities can be used.

No, it is because the definition of schema:Product is

"Any offered product or service. For example: a pair of shoes; a concert ticket; the rental of a car; a haircut; or an episode of a TV show streamed online."

> Adding 'offers' to Service maybe could help Service be used more often as opposed to falsely using Product.

It is not falsely used, IMO.

Martin