Re: Schema.org proposal: New Actions and Actions contigent on an Offer

On 10/15/2014 08:30 PM, martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org wrote:
> On 14 Oct 2014, at 10:24, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org> wrote:
>
>> I thought about adding short explanation for each of those properties
>> how it differs from ones that may sound similar. We already do it for
>> example in http://schema.org/PlayAction
>>
>> * http://schema.org/availableAtOrFrom
>> * http://schema.org/eligibleRegion
>> * http://schema.org/regionsAllowed

>> I think with few additional paragraphs similar as in
>> http://schema.org/PlayAction and *clear examples* using all those
>> properties we can disambiguate it much better.
>
> A good source for such extensions are the longer textual descriptions in the original GoodRelations specification:
>
>     http://www.heppnetz.de/ontologies/goodrelations/v1.html
>
> When we made the initial integration, we jointly decided to use shorter textual definitions instead of the original ones, similar to the existing elements in schema.org.
> It may be time to revise that, and whenever you are in doubt about the intentions behind a property, it will help to check the original definition.
>
> Here is the mapping between schema.org and GoodRelations URIs:
>
> Classes
>
>  • schema:Offer = gr:Offering
>  • schema:IndividualProduct = gr:Individual
>  • schema:ParcelService = gr:DeliveryModeParcelService
>  • schema:Place = gr:Location
>  • schema:ProductModel = gr:ProductOrServiceModel
>  • schema:CreditCard = gr:PaymentMethodCreditCard
>  • schema:Product = gr:ProductOrService
>  • schema:SomeProducts = gr:SomeItems
>
> Object Properties
>
>  • schema:priceSpecification = gr:hasPriceSpecification
>  • schema:businessFunction = gr:hasBusinessFunction
>  • schema:eligibleCustomerType = gr:eligibleCustomerTypes
>  • schema:manufacturer = gr:hasManufacturer
>  • schema:warrantyScope = gr:hasWarrantyScope
>  • schema:inventoryLevel = gr:hasInventoryLevel
>  • schema:dayOfWeek = gr:hasOpeningHoursDayOfWeek
>  • schema:brand = gr:hasBrand
>  • schema:itemOffered = gr:includes
>  • schema:makesOffer = gr:offers
>  • schema:availableDeliveryMethod = gr:availableDeliveryMethods
>  • schema:openingHoursSpecification = gr:hasOpeningHoursSpecification
>  • schema:eligibleQuantity = gr:hasEligibleQuantity
>  • schema:warranty = gr:hasWarrantyPromise
>  • schema:image = http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/depiction
>  • schema:acceptedPaymentMethod = gr:acceptedPaymentMethods
> A special case is
>  • schema:durationOfWarranty
> This used to be gr:durationOfWarrantyInMonths in GoodRelations but will be updated to match the new name and range from schema.org shortly.
>
> Datatype Properties
>
>  • schema:minPrice = gr:hasMinCurrencyValue
>  • schema:unitCode = gr:hasUnitOfMeasurement
>  • schema:isicV4 = gr:hasISICv4
>  • schema:gtin8 = gr:hasGTIN-8
>  • schema:maxPrice = gr:hasMaxCurrencyValue
>  • schema:gtin14 = gr:hasGTIN-14
>  • schema:maxValue = gr:hasMaxValue
>  • schema:mpn = gr:hasMPN
>  • schema:value = gr:hasValue
> [...]
Thanks Martin! I captured it on
https://github.com/rvguha/schemaorg/wiki/Schema.org-Goods

At some point we could add it to documentation on
http://schema.org/docs/documents.html

Even better add link to gr equivalents directly to appropriate
schema.org pages!