Re: Schema.org proposal: New Actions and Actions contigent on an Offer

On 14 Oct 2014, at 10:24, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org> wrote:

> I thought about adding short explanation for each of those properties
> how it differs from ones that may sound similar. We already do it for
> example in http://schema.org/PlayAction
>
> * http://schema.org/availableAtOrFrom
> * http://schema.org/eligibleRegion
> * http://schema.org/regionsAllowed

> I think with few additional paragraphs similar as in
> http://schema.org/PlayAction and *clear examples* using all those
> properties we can disambiguate it much better.

A good source for such extensions are the longer textual descriptions in the original GoodRelations specification:

    http://www.heppnetz.de/ontologies/goodrelations/v1.html

When we made the initial integration, we jointly decided to use shorter textual definitions instead of the original ones, similar to the existing elements in schema.org.
It may be time to revise that, and whenever you are in doubt about the intentions behind a property, it will help to check the original definition.

Here is the mapping between schema.org and GoodRelations URIs:

Classes

 • schema:Offer = gr:Offering
 • schema:IndividualProduct = gr:Individual
 • schema:ParcelService = gr:DeliveryModeParcelService
 • schema:Place = gr:Location
 • schema:ProductModel = gr:ProductOrServiceModel
 • schema:CreditCard = gr:PaymentMethodCreditCard
 • schema:Product = gr:ProductOrService
 • schema:SomeProducts = gr:SomeItems

Object Properties

 • schema:priceSpecification = gr:hasPriceSpecification
 • schema:businessFunction = gr:hasBusinessFunction
 • schema:eligibleCustomerType = gr:eligibleCustomerTypes
 • schema:manufacturer = gr:hasManufacturer
 • schema:warrantyScope = gr:hasWarrantyScope
 • schema:inventoryLevel = gr:hasInventoryLevel
 • schema:dayOfWeek = gr:hasOpeningHoursDayOfWeek
 • schema:brand = gr:hasBrand
 • schema:itemOffered = gr:includes
 • schema:makesOffer = gr:offers
 • schema:availableDeliveryMethod = gr:availableDeliveryMethods
 • schema:openingHoursSpecification = gr:hasOpeningHoursSpecification
 • schema:eligibleQuantity = gr:hasEligibleQuantity
 • schema:warranty = gr:hasWarrantyPromise
 • schema:image = http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/depiction
 • schema:acceptedPaymentMethod = gr:acceptedPaymentMethods
A special case is
 • schema:durationOfWarranty
This used to be gr:durationOfWarrantyInMonths in GoodRelations but will be updated to match the new name and range from schema.org shortly.

Datatype Properties

 • schema:minPrice = gr:hasMinCurrencyValue
 • schema:unitCode = gr:hasUnitOfMeasurement
 • schema:isicV4 = gr:hasISICv4
 • schema:gtin8 = gr:hasGTIN-8
 • schema:maxPrice = gr:hasMaxCurrencyValue
 • schema:gtin14 = gr:hasGTIN-14
 • schema:maxValue = gr:hasMaxValue
 • schema:mpn = gr:hasMPN
 • schema:value = gr:hasValue
 • schema:model = gr:hasMakeAndModel
 • schema:gtin13 = gr:hasEAN_UCC-13
 • schema:globalLocationNumber = gr:hasGlobalLocationNumber
 • schema:naics = gr:hasNAICS
 • schema:priceCurrency = gr:hasCurrency
 • schema:sku = gr:hasStockKeepingUnit
 • schema:duns = gr:hasDUNS
 • schema:minValue = gr:hasMinValue
 • schema:eligibleRegion = gr:eligibleRegions

Best wishes / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Martin Hepp

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group