Re: VideoGame proposal

On Fri, 23 May 2014 10:56:37 +0200, Owen Stephens <owen@ostephens.com>
wrote:

> On 23 May 2014, at 09:43, Yuliya Tikhokhod <tilid@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
>
>> Thank you for your feedback and discussion. It's very helpful for us
>>
>> I've made some changes into original proposal. Take a look at new
>> version, please. Here are links for test build and attachment
>> http://sdo-yavg.appspot.com/VideoGame
>> http://sdo-yavg.appspot.com/Game
>> http://sdo-yavg.appspot.com/SoftwareApplication
>> http://sdo-yavg.appspot.com/CreativeWork
>>
>> I'm doubting about Game type. Isn't it too generic? Would it be clear
>> enough for webmaster, that one should not use it for, e.g., soccer or
>> children's game?
>>

> My view is that there is no reason why the Game type shouldn't be used
> for other game types

Agreed. Is there a reason not to want this?

Note that games and sports overlap, which will make our data a bit
messier. But I don't think we will solve any problems by trying to tell
people what is a game and what is a sport. Chess, cricket, geocaching,
scrabble, …

> Have just scanned Game very quickly - The only aspect I have a question
> about is 'statistic':
>
> Could this be broadened out? Is it just fictional characters in games
> that have statistics? Can non-character things (animate or inanimate)
> have statistics?
> Is 'statistic' the right term? It seems very general and the description
> (e.g. level of skill) isn't what people might understand commonly by the
> term?
>
> I think if this property is to be reserved for the types of character
> traits typical in RPG games then it would be worth naming the property
> to that effect saving confusing with real world statistics

concretely, characterAttribute (which should have a broad range, of which
name would be a subProperty), or gameStatistic which I would *expect* to
use for a sporting context too...

But otherwise, I also like the proposal :)

cheers

Chaals