Re: VideoGame proposal

On 23 May 2014, at 09:43, Yuliya Tikhokhod <tilid@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

> Thank you for your feedback and discussion. It's very helpful for us
>
> I've made some changes into original proposal. Take a look at new version, please. Here are links for test build and attachment
> http://sdo-yavg.appspot.com/VideoGame
> http://sdo-yavg.appspot.com/Game
> http://sdo-yavg.appspot.com/SoftwareApplication
> http://sdo-yavg.appspot.com/CreativeWork
>
> I'm doubting about Game type. Isn't it too generic? Would it be clear enough for webmaster, that one should not use it for, e.g., soccer or children's game?

My view is that there is no reason why the Game type shouldn't be used for other game types - that was my reasoning behind suggesting the use of Game. Monopoly could be marked up with Game as much as Elder Scrolls
VideoGame holds the specific properties that would apply to video games and not to other games (cheat codes is a good example)

Have just scanned Game very quickly - The only aspect I have a question about is 'statistic':

Could this be broadened out? Is it just fictional characters in games that have statistics? Can non-character things (animate or inanimate) have statistics?
Is 'statistic' the right term? It seems very general and the description (e.g. level of skill) isn't what people might understand commonly by the term?

I think if this property is to be reserved for the types of character traits typical in RPG games then it would be worth naming the property to that effect saving confusing with real world statistics

Owen