W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-vocabs@w3.org > May 2014

Re: [proposal] PressReview

From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 07:36:23 -0700
Message-ID: <536E3967.2050306@kcoyle.net>
To: Lorenzo De Tomasi <lorenzodetomasi@isotype.org>, "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
Thanks, now I get it. In my experience, in the US these get catchy 
titles like "In the News", "Press Clippings" or just "Top Stories", and 
they seem to not be as common as they are in Italy (I had trouble 
finding some):

http://anthropology.tamu.edu/html/in-the-news.html
http://www.labourstart.org/2013/country.php?country=USA&langcode=en
http://www.labourstart.org/2013/index.php?langcode=it
http://poetrysocietyny.org/about/press-clippings/

but "press review" seems like a good description in English.

I agree with previous suggestions that these could be coded as newspaper 
articles, but I also understand the need to identify the topic of the 
page as being a a gathering of articles on a topic. I'm not sure how to 
do that, but it seems like that would be the subject of the web page itself.

kc

On 5/10/14, 1:03 AM, Lorenzo De Tomasi wrote:
> In Italian it's a "Rassegna stampa". I think "Press Review" is the
> correct translation in English.
> Usually an organization collects articles about its activity form
> websites, paper magazines, newspapers etc.
> It may be for internal use or public use.
> It's a tool to increase reputation showing what other media say about
> the organization.
> The articles are usually listed in chronological or inverse
> chronological order (from most recent to oldest).
> Some links:
> - <http://rstampa.pubblica.istruzione.it/rassegna/rassegna.asp> Italian
> Education Ministry
> - <http://www.flcgil.it/rassegna-stampa/>
> - <http://www.titanka.com/dicono-di-noi.php>
>
>
> 2014-05-09 19:27 GMT+02:00 Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net
> <mailto:kcoyle@kcoyle.net>>:
>
>     Lorenzo, I'm not sure what is meant by Press Review. Could you point
>     to a couple of sites that illustrate what you are targeting?
>
>     Thanks,
>     kc
>
>
>     On 5/9/14, 1:29 AM, Lorenzo De Tomasi wrote:
>
>         Topic   Status  Summary Vocab   Comments
>         PressReview
>         <https://www.w3.org/wiki/__index.php?title=WebSchemas/__PressReview&action=edit&__redlink=1
>         <https://www.w3.org/wiki/index.php?title=WebSchemas/PressReview&action=edit&redlink=1>>
>
>                  Proposal        Proposal to add a list of articles,
>         events etc. as a Press
>         review or Press digest  One new
>         typehttp://schema.org/__ItemList/PressReview
>         <http://schema.org/ItemList/PressReview>      Often used in
>         organization
>         websites
>
>
>         A new proposal fro a new subscriber :-)
>         <https://www.w3.org/wiki/__WebSchemas/__SchemaDotOrgProposals#__Proposals_and_Discussion
>         <https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/SchemaDotOrgProposals#Proposals_and_Discussion>>
>         Best regards
>
>         --
>         Regala a tuo figlio un bel libro (e una app). A misura di
>         bambino (0-4
>         anni).
>         Scarica gratis FACCIAMO! <http://www.facciamo.eu>
>
>         Tra le migliori 20 app del Bologna Ragazzi Digital Award 2014
>         Tra le migliori nuove app per iPad per bambini fino ai 5 anni su
>         iTunes
>         Vincitrice di gennaio e marzo dei Digital Experience Awards
>         2014, nelle
>         categorie MOBILE / GAME e APP / GAME
>         --
>         Lorenzo De Tomasi
>         ISOTYPE.org. Comunica la qualità
>         <http://isotype.org/>
>         Coordinatore Area web design
>         Designer della comunicazione e delle interfacce
>         Professionista ex Legge n. 4 del 14/1/2013
>
>         Tel. 06 56 84 834 <tel:06%2056%2084%20834>
>         Mobile 392 59 76 416 <tel:392%2059%2076%20416>
>         Skype lorenzo.detomasi
>         Google Hangout lorenzo.detomasi@gmail.com
>         <mailto:lorenzo.detomasi@gmail.com>
>         <mailto:lorenzo.detomasi@__gmail.com
>         <mailto:lorenzo.detomasi@gmail.com>>
>
>
>         ^^^^^^^^^^
>         Rispetta il tuo ambiente, pensa prima di stampare questa e-mail.
>         Grazie.
>         Please consider the environment before printing this email.
>         Thank you.
>
>
>     --
>     Karen Coyle
>     kcoyle@kcoyle.net <mailto:kcoyle@kcoyle.net> http://kcoyle.net
>     m: 1-510-435-8234
>     skype: kcoylenet
>
>
>
>
> --
> Regala a tuo figlio un bel libro (e una app). A misura di bambino (0-4
> anni).
> Scarica gratis FACCIAMO! <http://www.facciamo.eu>
>
> Tra le migliori 20 app del Bologna Ragazzi Digital Award 2014
> Tra le migliori nuove app per iPad per bambini fino ai 5 anni su iTunes
> Vincitrice di gennaio e marzo dei Digital Experience Awards 2014, nelle
> categorie MOBILE / GAME e APP / GAME
> --
> Lorenzo De Tomasi
> ISOTYPE.org. Comunica la qualità
> <http://isotype.org/>
> Coordinatore Area web design
> Designer della comunicazione e delle interfacce
> Professionista ex Legge n. 4 del 14/1/2013
>
> Tel. 06 56 84 834
> Mobile 392 59 76 416
> Skype lorenzo.detomasi
> Google Hangout lorenzo.detomasi@gmail.com
> <mailto:lorenzo.detomasi@gmail.com>
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^
> Rispetta il tuo ambiente, pensa prima di stampare questa e-mail. Grazie.
> Please consider the environment before printing this email. Thank you.

-- 
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net
m: 1-510-435-8234
skype: kcoylenet
Received on Saturday, 10 May 2014 14:36:59 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:29:41 UTC