Re: schema.org markup for a community meeting?

From: Albert Willis <alwillis@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 02:52:27 -0400
To: W3C public vocabs <public-vocabs@w3.org>

On Jun 25, 2014, at 8:51 AM, Justin Boyan <jaboyan@google.com> wrote:

> I think adding a 'host' or 'organizer' property alongside attendee and performer on schema.org/Event would make sense. I also think adding a new subtype, say, schema.org/CivicEvent, is a no-brainer. The accessibility and amenities issues should be considered more broadly - and perhaps they go with the Place rather than the Event.

That’s what I meant to say—accessibility attributes belong to the Place. And yes, amenities are also related to the Place.

In addition, I think creating markup to describe the services (the community/civic equivalent of the business-oriented http://schema.org/Offer) offered by the host (or organizer) of the CivicEvent would be helpful.

> Finally, IMO, issuesToAddress is unlikely to be used consistently as a structured field so that data should probably just be part of the event description.

That’s possible, but I’m willing to explore a least a high level way of describing topics to be discussed at a CivicEvent.

Thanks for the feedback.

  — Al