Re: Music schema proposal

From: Dan Scott <dan@coffeecode.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 23:55:27 -0500
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Cc: Mark Garrett <mark@moderndeveloperllc.com>, SchemaDot Org <public-vocabs@w3.org>, Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com>, Simon Spero <sesuncedu@gmail.com>
On Jun 25, 2014 1:11 PM, "Dan Brickley" <danbri@google.com> wrote:

> On 25 June 2014 21:04, Simon Spero <sesuncedu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > One set of details that is potentially rather important is the lack of
> > common super-property that covers everyone who had something important
to do
> > with the creation of the work.
>
> Could http://schema.org/contributor plug that gap, with some tweaks?

That (using http:// <http://schema.org/contributor>schema.org
<http://schema.org/contributor>/contributor <http://schema.org/contributor>,
using a Role to offer the particulars) is roughly the approach I had been
aiming for since running into a similar challenge in the comics proposal
that would have added inker, penciler, cover artist, letterer, and sundry
other contributor roles; similarly with movies and the many associated
contributor roles you find in the credits.

So hopefully the answer is "yes"?