Re: Schema.org v1.6 release candidate: Roles, various fixes, site navigation improvements

From: Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 14:54:32 -0400
To: Mark Harrison <mark.harrison@cantab.net>
Cc: PublicVocabs <public-vocabs@w3.org>, "Jason Johnson (BING)" <jasjoh@microsoft.com>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 2:19 PM, Mark Harrison <mark.harrison@cantab.net>
wrote:

> However, I think there is now a need to update the documentation for the
> recently 'overloaded' predicates ( such as http://schema.org/actor ) to
> mention that a schema:actor property may accept a schema:Person OR a
> schema:Role as its value and it may ALSO be used with a type of schema:Role.

Thank you for the comments. We are trying to balance overwhelming people
with too much information vs. not giving them enough to understand how to
use the schema. The right balance has not been struck yet, but it is
something we are working on.

- Vicki

Vicki Tardif Holland | Ontologist | vtardif@google.com