Re: ItemList

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 16:24:57 +0100
To: "martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org" <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Cc: Lorenzo De Tomasi <lorenzodetomasi@isotype.org>, W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>, Guha Guha <guha@google.com>
On 13 May 2014 17:56, Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com> wrote:
> On 9 May 2014 10:03, martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org
> <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org> wrote:
>> Correction:
>>
>> The latest proposal is here:
>>
>>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2013Sep/0143.html
>>
>> I re-read the discussion - there was basically agreement, we were just waiting for a volunteer to make it a formal proposal. I can handle that if necessary.
>>
>> This should also cover the "ranking" use cases adressed by Lorenzo.
>
> Yes, let's get ItemList back on track. We got this far previously:
>
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/ItemList
>
> There was a start at a schema,
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webschema/file/default/schema.org/ext/listitem.html
> but I think buggy (mixing itemlist/listitem?). It needs examples too.
>
> I would like to look at using this to address Breadcrumb use cases.
> Today I've been reorganizing
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/Breadcrumbs to move specific
> proposals into separate pages. Breadcrumbs have been awkward since
> they also require order to be preserved. Let's try to get ItemList
> right and then see if it applies to Breadcrumb...

I've made a quick test build based on Martin's draft.

draft site: http://sdo-wip1.appspot.com/ItemList
draft schema: https://github.com/danbri/schemaorg/blob/sdo-itemlist/data/schema.rdfa#L9981

The core is http://sdo-wip1.appspot.com/itemListElement which is
either text, a Thing, or a ListItem; the latter indirection allows us
to keep track of ordering information.

Needs examples / testing with use cases...

Dan